Treadmills are extremely popular cardio workout machines, but they can get boring after a while. Treadmill exercise, on the other hand, should not be too monotonous! Thanks to the various treadmill routines you may do with this equipment, you can easily keep your fitness routine interesting. And hitting the gyms in Kolkata can become a great exercise if you love working out on treadmills. So, keep reading to learn about alternative treadmill routines that will help you get more time on the treadmill.
1. High-Intensity Interval Training
High-Intensity Interval Training on the treadmill at the gyms in Kolkata is an excellent way to burn calories quickly. Furthermore, after a HIIT treadmill workout, the body strives to return to its normal resting state. It does so by metabolising body fat and releasing energy. Similarly, this elevates your heart rate and enhances your fitness.
- Set the treadmill to 0% incline and walk/jog for 5 minutes to warm up.
- Increase the treadmill speed to 9-10 mph and run for 30 seconds at a rapid pace.
- Then, for 1 minute, walk at 3-4mph to recuperate.
- For 5–10 times, repeat the first three steps.
2. Endurance Workout on the Treadmill
Endurance training is highly effective, particularly when it comes to treadmill workouts done at a constant pace in the gyms in Kolkata. These simple treadmill exercises improve general endurance, as the name implies.
- Warm-up by jogging or walking at a leisurely speed for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Run for 1 minute at 1 to 2 mph faster than your steady-state speed.
- Then, for 1 minute, jog or walk at a moderate pace until your heart rate returns to normal.
- Shift between resting and running intervals until you’re exhausted.
3. Sprint Workout on the Treadmill
Although a sprint workout does not take long, it will leave you sweating by the end. During the short sprint intervals, you will be required to run at your full speed. Then, to recover and catch your breath, take lengthier rest times. It will add variety to your treadmill workout while improving your anaerobic capacity and power.
- Set the inclination level on your machine to 1%. Then warm up by jogging/walking for 5 to 10 minutes at a reasonable pace.
- Sprint for 15 seconds at your top speed. Throughout this 15-second sprint, your pulse rate typically reaches 85-90 per cent of your limit.
4. Treadmill Workout for Beginners
This regimen can help you develop your fitness if you are new to treadmill running. Although there are walking periods between each set, your pace will steadily increase. Even better, it’s a wonderful treadmill workout for ladies and other users because of this.
- Warm-up for 5 minutes by running or walking on the treadmill.
- Increase the pace of your treadmill to 3 mph and jog for 2 minutes.
- To recover, take a 1-minute walk.
- Increase your speed by 1 mph and jog for 2 minutes. If the previous interval speed was 3 mph, the new pace should be 4 mph.
- To recover, take a 1-minute walk.
- Increase your speed by 1mph from the previous interval and jog for 1.5 minutes.
5. Hill Treadmill Workouts
Including hills in your treadmill workout programme makes it more difficult. As a result, the body is pushed to work more, resulting in increased calorie burn. It also increases lean muscular mass by stimulating additional muscles. Similarly, it improves your running form and efficiency while strengthening your complete body.
- Warm-up by walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes at 2 mph at 0% incline/flat level.
- Raise the elevation on the machine to 1% and jog for 60 seconds at 4-6 mph.
- After each minute, increase the incline of the machine by 1%. Rep this process until the treadmill reaches an incline of 8-10%.
- After that, go for a 1-minute recovery jog or stroll. Then gradually reduce the inclination by 1% at a time.